HCA Holdings, Inc
McKinney, TX, United States
(Work Schedule: Full Time, Mixed w/ rotating weekends)
* Demonstrates skill in food preparation, garnishing, plate presentation and service, which are in compliance with all regulatory standards (e.g. TJC, Medicare, Texas Department of State Health Services and Local Health Department), in accordance with HACCP guidelines.
* Accurately and efficiently prepares meals for physician’s dining, cafeteria and catering, as well as tray line operations as directed.
* Responsible for maintaining all kitchen utensils, equipment and physical surfaces in a safe and sanitary manner, following HACCP guidelines.
* Maintains storage areas of food in a way which ensures that thawing, handling, preparation and service are done efficiently and in a sanitary manner, following HACCP guidelines.
* Communicates inventory needs to Exec Chef/Supv. proactively to prevent shortages/substitutions.
* Accurately completes daily reports, cleaning checklists, and temperature logs.
* Assists in recipe and menu development
Medical City McKinney (MCM) is a growing 260-bed hospital with a 90-year history of serving the health care needs of McKinney and the surrounding communities. Over the past several years, MCM has strengthened its medical foundations by adding two new surgical robots, a newly remodeled labor and delivery suites, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and an advanced biplane Catheterization (cath) lab to treat heart rhythm disorders. Medical City McKinney will be expanding its services to the community with the addition of a new off-campus emergency department at 380 & Custer in 2015.
High school degree or equivalent.
Some college or technical training preferred but not required
Culinary degree preferred but not required.
Minimum of 5 years experience in a high volume fine dining, restaurant, hotel or country club
Food Handlers certification is preferred but required after 90 days of employment.
Math, reasoning and organizational skills
English communication skills both verbal and written
Basic computer skills
Detail and multi-task oriented
Able to interpret recipes and menus
Able to safely operate all kitchen equipment
Intermediate to advanced knife handling skills.
Job: *Food Services & Nutrition
Title: Cook II
Location: Texas-McKinney-Medical City McKinney
Requisition ID: 06264-108834
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.