MedStar Research Institute
Raleigh, NC, United States
Chef, Hospitality, Food Services
Join our Affinity family! We VALUE our employees! We offer a fun, friendly, and relaxed work environment! Join a company who utilizes innovative and advanced technology! Innovative clinical software in place! Say goodbye to paper charts and HELLO to MatrixCare! Come join our growing team! We offer competitive benefits with company paid life insurance, free telemedicine, employee appreciation programs, and free continuing education through our Affinity Academy.:
Nature and Scope:
Prepares meals for the regular and special diets for residents as determined by daily/weekly menus. Understands and is able to follow guidelines for special diets, and special menus for events. Responsible for overseeing kitchen staff and directing as needed.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
At least six (6) months prior experience in a food service department preferred.
Supervisory experience desirable.
Complete the Food Service Orientation Manual.
Knowledge of DHSR Dietary Regulations.
Obtain Food Handlers Permit (as required by State regulations).
Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly while recognizing that the community is the residents home.
Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
Practice and promote Affinity Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Core Values and Founding Principles.
Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public.
Must meet all health requirements.
Must pass criminal background check.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must have a strong knowledge with resident’s dietary needs and special diets.
* Must communicate closely with nursing department regarding dietary needs.
* Prepares food for special events and daily meals as needed.
* Works closely with Executive Director, Care Manager and Life Enrichment Department concerning special events.
* Strong working knowledge concerning proper food storage procedures, e.g., defrosting frozen food, cooking at required temperatures and maintenance of food at safe temperatures.
* Works cooperatively with other cooks evaluating leftovers and plans for use; labels, dates and stores leftovers properly.
* Monitor the temperature for the freezer and refrigerator.
* Keeps work area clean and sanitizes work surfaces, takes out trash as necessary; performs assigned cleaning duties, e.g. dishes, cookware, flatware and trays using approved procedures.
* Follows menus accurately, demonstrating accuracy in weighing, measuring, and portioning food.
* Consults menus/recipes for thawing and doing advance preparation when possible; completes and posts menu sheets daily.
* Demonstrates the ability to operate electric and steam cooking equipment and dishwashers; cleans equipment, pots and pans, after use; reports repairs as needed.
* Receives deliveries in accordance with purchase orders.
* Places produce order on a weekly basis.
* Follows the master menu plan, adjusting for nutritionally equivalent substitutes, leftovers, and emergencies; records hot and cold food menu change on production sheets.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
* Assists in daily final cleanup and lockup of kitchen.
* Any other duties assigned by the Dining Services Manager.
* Customer service
* Responsible for ensuring that all employees are providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
* Perform job duties for residents and with team members in a courteous and professional manner.
* Take initiative to ensure resident safety and satisfaction is a priority.
* Meet and greet visitors in a friendly, helpful manner (Visitors include anyone who visits the community; specifically, current residents’ families and friends, prospective residents and their families, referral sources, vendors and regulators).
* Answer phones appropriately, according to company and community standards.
MedStar Research Institute
Website : http://www.medstarresearch.org/
At MedStar Research Institute, our role in achieving the MedStar Health vision is advancing health. As we work every day to develop new treatment methods, medication innovations, and advancements in knowledge, we provide a critical foundation for the future of healthcare delivery, impacting thousands of lives in our region, our state and our country. To guide us in achieving this vision, we follow our SPIRIT values -- service, patient first, integrity, respect, innovation, and teamwork.