HCA Holdings, Inc
San Antonio, TX, United States
Food Services, Chef, Hospitality
Full Time - Mixed (rotating weekends)
Center City San Antonio is the backdrop for a vibrant and diverse community of patients served by Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our 354 bed hospital offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women’s pavilion, the only stand-alone facility in downtown San Antonio dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, has earned an excellent reputation, one baby at a time.
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare and for the third consecutive year as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are pleased to announce it is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We have also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for our focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score. For more information, please visit our website atwww.sahealth.comand select Metropolitan Methodist Hospital under Locations.
We are currently seeking a Cook II to join our Methodist Hospital team. The Cook II prepares, seasons, and cooks a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes, and other food items in appropriate quantities while following menus, recipes, and production sheets and maintaining a clean and sanitary work area. Provides training and guidance to other employees performing related work.
Essential Job Functions:
* Obtains food ingredients and supplies from storage areas as required for daily operations.
* Reviews production schedule to determine food requirements including variety and quantity of food for preparation and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily cooking activities.
* Seasons and prepares a wide variety of foods such as vegetables, fruits, meats, soups, salads, and cereals in accordance with prescribed recipes for regular and special diets. May prepare the food for catered events.
* Instructs and functionally supervises the activities of other employees performing the same or related duties.
* Demonstrates, understands, and practices safe food handling techniques including dating/labeling, time/temperature measurements, correcting critical control issues.
* Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies; detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions.
Minimum Education and Experience:
2 years food service experience required.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Food Protection Manager Certification preferred.
Job: *Food Services & Nutrition
Title: Cook II - FT, Mixed
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
Requisition ID: 01578-90125
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.