Coordinate, plan and supervise the production, plating and presentation of the food at all Banquet events in a cost effective, safe manner to meet/exceed customer expectations and attract future business. Responsible for the daily production of all banquet food; Assists in the creation and recommends menu changes. Recommends and implements procedural/production changes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
· Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
· Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
· Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
· Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
· Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
· Review the daily activities; check the following:
o House count
o Forecasted covers for each outlet
o Catering activity
o VIPs/special guests
· Review Banquet Event Order sheets and make note of any changes; post function sheets for the next 7 days.
· Manage the daily production of food for all the catered events; control food and labor costs,
· Ensure preparation, plating and presentation standards are maintained, the appropriate quantity of food is prepared and safety standards and regulations are followed to provide top quality food.
· Supervise banquet kitchen employees; Hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, recommend discipline, as appropriate.
· Analyze Banquet Event Orders, plan and coordinate the functions with the Catering staff to ensure the events meet/exceed customer expectations.
· Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen and equipment to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
· Assist in the creation and planning of menus and implement changes to continue to attract business.
· Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
· Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled; document any late or absent employees.
· Coordinate breaks for staff.
· Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
· Ensure that each Kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies and equipment to meet the business demand.
· Be aware of any shortages and make arrangements before the item runs out.
· Inspect the cleanliness of the line, floor, all Kitchen stations. Direct staff to rectify any deficiencies.
· Ensure that staff maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.
· Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements.
· Instruct staff in the correct usage and care of all machinery in the Kitchen operation, stressing safety.
· Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food and labor costs.
· Ensure that excess items are utilized efficiently.
· Monitor and ensure that all closing duties are completed to standard before staff sign out.
· Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
· Provide feedback to staff on their performance; handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees according to Hotel standards.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
· Attend weekly staff meetings, F&B meetings, pre-convention meetings, B.E.O. review meetings.
· Perform at special events and off-premise functions.
· High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate, some college.
· Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship.
· 5 years of experience in a similar position at a Hotel or Restaurant.
· Food handling certificate.
· Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
· Compute basic arithmetic.
· Provide legible communication.
· Knowledge of food cost controls.
· Previously worked with all products and food ingredients.
· Operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
· Plan and develop menus and recipes.
· Expand and condense recipes.
· Ability to:
Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy. Prioritize and organize. Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems. Follow directions thoroughly. Understand guest’s service needs. Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
To comply with Federal law, Red Lion Hotel Seattle participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is the electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify newly hired employees’ identity and employment eligibility.
Destination Seattle Management (Red Lion Hotel Seattle) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, veteran's status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Destination Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
Website : http://www.destinationhotels.com
Destination Hotels & Resorts began in 1972 with the development and management of condominium resorts. Since then, we have grown to become the country's fifth largest independent management company with more than 6,500 employees, over 7,000 guest rooms, and more than $1.7 billion in assets under management. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Los Angeles-based Lowe Enterprises, a privately-held, national real estate organization active in commercial and hospitality property investment, management, and development. Since its inception, Lowe has been responsible for more than $6 billion in assets nationwide. Destination Hotels & Resorts is unique in the lodging industry in that our primary mission is to create value for guests, investors, and associates in each of our hotels and resorts. We do this by developing an innovative, customized business plan for each property we manage and combining it with the sales, marketing, and operating resources of a company many times our size. This lodging industry expertise, together with the real estate savvy of Lowe, has allowed us to bring an owner's perspective to the hotel management business. Destination Hotels & Resorts is one of the industry's leaders in the management and marketing of high-quality independent properties, many of which we successfully converted from major brand affiliations. Over the years, Destination Hotels & Resorts has grown to be the fifth largest independent management company in the United States, managing a portfolio in excess of a billion dollars.