12/05/2012 09:28 AM
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. In FORTUNE magazine's 2009 list of World's Most Admired Companies, ARAMARK was ranked number one in its industry, consistently ranking since 1998 as one of the top three most admired companies in its industry as evaluated by peers and analysts. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 255,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at the company's Web site, ****, or ****.
About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, ARAMARK is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
This Executive Chef position will be located at a potential new ARAMARK Higher Education account located in Lexington, KY.
The role is responsible for all culinary activities including menu planning and precosting of meals and all other activities which support food quality and Operational Excellence across the campus.
• Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
• Ensure quality, consistency, and adherence to culinary standards based on ARAMARK Higher Education Operational Excellence.
• Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities.
• Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food, select, and develop recipes, standardize productionrecipes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation technique and quality standards, plan, and price menus.
• Ensure culinary equipment are properly operated and maintained .
• Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques.
• Assist in supervision of kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, and initiating pay increases.
• Responsible for component menu planning, costing, and brand management.
• Ensure component compliance with sanitation and safety requirements.
• Support regional sales and retention efforts when appropriate.
• Coordinate activities with other internal departments and participate in management team meetings.
• Interface with vendors and key service users within client organization.
• Ensure standard of 90/10 rule is met in kitchen.
Must be a certified chef from an accredited school or have related experience.
Must have previous experience as an Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
Experience within an operation serving 1500 meals per day is highly preferred
Prooven ability to plan menus cost effectively
ServSafe certification required.
CIA ProChef or ACF certification preferred
Website : http://www.aramark.com