Providence Oregon Jobs
city, state, country
job title, keywords
View All Jobs
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Manager - Food Production (Executive Chef)
Title: Manager - Food Production (Executive Chef)
Providence is calling a full-time Manager - Food Production (Executive Chef) for a day shift position at Providence Portland Medical Center in Portland, OR.
In this position, you will:
* Directly supervise hot and cold food production staff to ensure that nutritious, high quality and satisfying meals are produced while adhering to rigid sanitation and cost-control standards.
* Supervise catering staff and all functions related to catered events.
* Participate in recipe and menu development and planning for patient, employee, and visitor outlets.
* Assure recipes developed are tested and standardized. Specific duties involving food preparation are the establishment of quality, food safety, and service standards, and training of employees in cooking methods, presentation techniques, portion control, and retention of nutrients.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Bachelor’s degree in Business or Hotel Restaurant Management, formal culinary arts degree and/or five years experience in food production management, preferably in a commissary or volume cooking setting.
* Valid County Health Department Food Handlers Certificate or Serv Safe Certification is required at the time of hire.
* ServSafe Certification or equivalent certification required upon hire.
* Skills and abilities necessary to lead, motivate and evaluate a team of employees to achieve excellence in product quality and service.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest health care system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their health care needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time.
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
Job: Food Service