Summary: Plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production of menu items and specials in accordance with room standards and plating guide specifications. Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
• Ensures work station is properly prepared for dining service
• Prepares all sauces for menu items
• Fabricates meat, fish, and fowl for menu items
• Prepares all menu items following recipes and yield guides
• Ensures dishes are appropriately prepared in a timely manner
• Informs Room Chef of any shortages before the item runs out
• Maintains complete knowledge and complies with all Departmental policies, procedures, service standards, and Health Department regulations
• Follows directions and instructions of Room Chef and Room manager as required
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum two years previous experience performing same or similar job duties
• Minimum six months previous experience working in an upscale dining or steakhouse environment preferred
• Previous experience working all stations of a line
• Experience providing high-touch food preparation service expected in an upscale room environment
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and remain calm in a very high-paced, hectic environment
• Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations quickly
• Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and verbal
• High school diploma or equivalent, or vocational training preferred
• At least 18 years of age
Required Work Cards
• Frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Walking or standing up to 100% of the time, including movement on slippery and/or narrow surfaces
• Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity 100% of the time.
• Vision, hearing, speaking and literacy (critical).
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work for sustained periods of time maintaining concentrated attention to detail
• Working inside in a noisy, and hot or cold environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the on-line application, please ****.