SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to read, write, speak and follow written and oral directions in the English language.
2. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
3. Culinary Arts degree or certification or a minimum of two years culinary experience in the restaurant environment.
4. Serve-Safe Certification required.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Line Cook and cooks a limited variety of food for patients, employees, and visitors. He/she prepares food according to menus and recipes and plans cooking schedules to meet mealtime schedules. In addition, the Line Cook performs related duties and cleaning duties, as assigned.
1. Puts guest service first. Ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality dining service experience in an attentive and responsive atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights. Maintains guest confidentiality.
2. Assists with preparation of palatable and appetizing meals/foods for the patients, guests and employees and ensures satisfaction;
3. Assists with food preparation following menus, recipes and menu systems to prepare and serve meals, snacks and nourishments in accordance to prescribed patient diets and requests. Take necessary measures to avoid food waste;
4. Serves meals/foods in various dining locations, including point-of -service made to order foods as requested;
5. Meets established meal time schedules for all dining locations;
6. Handles and prepares food in a safe and sanitary manner at all times. Properly labels, dates and stores foods. Monitors food temperatures and acts on temperatures that fall outside of appropriate ranges;
7. Sets-up, cleans-up and properly stores foods and supplies needed for meal service in all dining locations;
8. Maintains clean, organized and sanitary work areas. Performs after-use and scheduled cleaning of surfaces and equipment in accordance with established policies and cleaning procedures;
9. Operates equipment in a safe manner, reports malfunctioning equipment to supervisor;
10. Communicates freely with other dining services personnel, Sous Chef, Executive Chef and Director of Dining Services.
11. Adheres to Food and Nutrition Services policies and procedures;
12. Concerns his/herself with the safety of all patients in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the center adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the center's fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current MSDS;
13. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Website : http://www.genesishcc.com/
Genesis HealthCare We're Genesis HealthCare — one of the nation's largest skilled nursing and rehabilitation therapy providers. We employ nearly 80,000 people, each one dedicated to the delivery of high-quality, personalized health care to all the patients and residents in our Centers. Our more than 400 Skilled Nursing Centers and Assisted/Senior Living Communities are located in 29 states across the nation, while our Genesis Rehab Services division provides therapy to over 1,500 health care providers in 46 states.