Catering Sous Chef-Loyola University Job Description
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. In 2012, FORTUNE magazine again recognized ARAMARK on its list of �World�s Most Admired Companies.� ARAMARK has consistently ranked since 1998 as one of the top three most admired companies in its industry as evaluated by peers and analysts. Also in 2012, ARAMARK was honored as one of the World�s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at the company's Web site, ****or ****ARAMARK is a $12 Billion leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 19 countries. In FORTUNE magazine's 2009 list of America's Most Admired Companies, ARAMARK was ranked number one in its industry, consistently ranking since 1998 as one of the top three most admired companies in its industry….and we are headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. About Higher Education ARAMARK partners with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrators. Position Description Reports to the Executive Chef. Supervises / coordinates all catering culinary activities. Responsible for Menu planning&Precosting. Key Responsibilities
• Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities
• Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food, select and develop recipes, standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation technique and quality standards, plan and price menus, ensures proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensures proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
• Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques
• Assists in supervision of kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews and initiating pay increases
• Brand management
• Menu planning/costing
• Ensures that requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met
• Serv Safe Certified
• Assist in sales process
• Coordinates activities with other internal departments, participates in management team meetings, interfaces with Vendors and key service users within client organization
• Ensures standard of 90/10 rule is met in kitchen
Ideal candidates will possess a bachelor's degree or related culinary degree (preferably a CEC) with 8 years of industry&culinary management experience. The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role. Previous experience with control food&labor cost, demonstration cooking, menu development, pricing and development of culinary team preferred.P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable.
Chicago Healthcare Job
Do you need more training in
to qualify for this job?
Catering Sous Chef-Loyola University Job Requirements
Website : http://www.aramark.com