Are you a culinary trained Executive Chef who has always dreamed of running your own restaurant? Are you an innovative, creative professional with a passion for food and for making your customers happy? Are you looking for a position where you can be a member of a family, not just a member of the staff? If you answered “yes to all of these questions then we have the position for you! Atria Willow Glen located in San Jose, CA has an opening for a Director of Culinary Service to manage our entire food service department.
Scope of Responsibilities Include:
- Training kitchen staff in cooking/presentation/sanitation
- Training dining room staff to uphold service standards
- Menu planning
- Inventory, food and supply ordering, managing food and labor budgets
- Putting on first class events for our residents, their families, potential residents, and professional referral sources
- 3-5 years managing a food service department in hospitality or assisted living industry
- MUST be an excellent cook (formal culinary training or degree preferred). Please do not apply if you do not have cooking experience
- Background in training and mentoring staff
- Demonstrated proficiency with budget management
- Knowledge of local and state health and sanitation and safety codes
- Basic computer skills
- Hands-on manager
- Drug screen and background check are required prior to employment
Preferred Skills Include:
- Experience planning menus and ordering all food and supplies
- Knowledge of food handling, preparation, service and operation of all kitchen equipment
- Focus on quality and customer service
- Experienced with dining room or customer relations
Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Atria Senior Living is one of the nation's largest providers of senior-living services. With more than 120 retirement and assisted living communities in 27 states, Atria is committed to providing quality care for seniors in an environment that promotes dignity and independence.
Employing approximately 8,500 employees nationwide we are home to more than 14,000 seniors across the country. From coast to coast, Atria communities provide a lifestyle where seniors are able to remain as independent and active as possible, offering customized levels of assisted living services to accommodate seniors' needs.
Atria's mission is to provide exceptional service for their residents; growth, development and rewards for their employees; and viability for the long term for the company. We strive to enhance lives and exceed expectations every day. For additional information about Atria, including specifics about our communities, please refer to the support center website at ****Find Director of Culinary Service / Chef Salary Information >>
Click Here to See Training Courses related to this Job >>