POSITION SUMMARY: The Cook I/Assistant Cook prepares and cooks a limited variety of food for customers, employees, and visitors. He/she may oversee work of other food service personnel involved in cooking. (This position may also be a function of a relief cook.)
1. Prepares palatable and appetizing meals in accordance with diet prescribed by attending physician, in absence of first cook;
2. Handles and prepares food in accordance with sanitary regulations;
3. Assists with preparation of food according to menu;
4. Communicates freely with other dietary personnel and Food Service Director;
5. Follows menus and production sheets according to menu;
6. Meets meal schedules;
7. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
8. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to read, write, speak and follow written and oral directions in the English language.
2. High school diploma or equivalent.
3. Experience in institutional food handling in preferred.
Website : http://www.genesishcc.com
At Genesis HealthCare, we offer each of our patients and residents outstanding clinical care, delivered by highly skilled practitioners in a warm and comfortable setting. We're focused on becoming the recognized leader in clinical quality and customer satisfaction in every market we serve. We're headquartered in downtown Kennett Square, Pennsylvania - a historic borough located one hour southwest of Philadelphia and about 20 minutes northwest of Wilmington, Delaware. We invite you to learn more about us!