Burlington School Food Project
Full-Time 11 Month Position
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. seeks an individual to work as the Chef Manager at Burlington High School.
• Associate Degree or higher in Culinary Arts or other related field with three years of directly related experience, including
at least one year in a supervisory capacity or equivalent training and experience in which comparable skills are acquired
• Experience in a high volume kitchen
• Shown success working as a team player in a fast-paced kitchen
• Grasps an understanding of local food systems and sustainable practices
• Proficient skills and experience with email, web browsing, Microsoft Office and other applications as required
• Familiar with Federal and State laws and regulations regarding health and safety, including food handling and safety laws
• Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable eligible to work
in the United States without sponsorship
All aspects of food preparation and production, service and clean-up – including but not limited to:
• Supervise and manage part-time and full-time school year food service employees in the production of all meals.
• Assist in the hiring and training of new employees
• Operations and Production
• Menu Planning
• Recipe Development
• Inventory Control
• Ongoing Staff Training
• Have an interest in Farm 2 School outreach
• Maintain a high level of customer service
• Attend scheduled staff meetings
• Prepare/complete appropriate reports/paperwork
As agreed by the Burlington Board of School Commissioners and dependent upon experience. Position is full-time for 11 months per year. Single or 2-person health and dental insurance available.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience
• Culinary Arts Degree
• Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
Interested employees must apply on-line at SchoolSpring.com .
Equal Opportunity Employer
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
At least 5 years of relevant experience preferred
Associate degree preferred
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
150 Colchester Ave.
Burlington, Vermont 05401
Learn more online at ****
Burlington School District
Phone : 802-864-2159
Fax : 802-540-3010
Email : email@example.com