**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. seeks an individual to work as a School Chef in Burlington Schools. Position is for 35 hours/week. Single health benefits and City of Burlington retirement plan available with this position.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience
• Culinary Arts Degree
• Experience in a high volume kitchen
• Shown success working as a team player in a fast-paced kitchen
• Grasps an understanding of local food systems and sustainable practices,
• Proficiency in computer applications
• Familiar with Federal and State laws and regulations regarding health and safety, including
food handling and safety laws and regulation
• Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate
and acceptable Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
• Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
All aspects of food preparation and production, service and clean-up – including but not limited to:
• Create and prepare menu and other items that reflect both a variety and an understanding of nutritious meals for kids
• Engage in cafeteria and/or classroom taste tests to introduce new menu items
• Ability to create wholesome fruit and vegetable offerings utilizing a variety of preparation methods
• Ability to incorporate fruit and vegetable offerings that align with CNR and HUSSC guidelines
• Have an interest in Farm 2 School outreach
• Maintain a high level of customer service
• Attend scheduled staff/faculty meetings
• Prepare/complete appropriate reports/paperwork
As per the Master Agreement between the Burlington Board of School Commissioners and the Food Service Employees of the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***..
**Candidates must apply on-line through this website ****Position Type:
Equal Opportunity Employer
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
At least 5 years of relevant experience preferred
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
150 Colchester Ave.
Burlington, Vermont 05401
Learn more online at ****