The Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking a wide variety of food for customers, employees and visitors. He/she prepares food according to recipes and plans cooking schedules to meet mealtime schedules. In addition, the Cook performs related duties and cleaning duties, as assigned. The Cook directs other dietary employees in the absence of the Food Service Director and the Assistant Food Service Director.
1. Handles and prepares food in accordance with sanitary regulations;
2. Prepares palatable and appetizing meals, as prescribed for the customers by the attending physician;
3. Meets required meal schedules;
4. Takes necessary measures to avoid food waste;
5. Properly cares for dietary equipment and production sheets;
6. Follows menus and special diet instructions;
7. Communicates freely with the Food Service Director;
8. Cooperates with other dietary staff and center personnel;
9. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
10. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to read, write, speak and follow written and oral directions in the English language.
2. High school diploma or equivalent.
3. Experience in institutional food handling is preferred.