POSITION SUMMARY: The Executive Chef, under the direction of the Dining Services Director, plans, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates and supervises all aspects of culinary preparation and service to ensure quality food and service to patients, employees and visitors. He/She provides technical guidance in culinary preparation and service techniques. This position oversees the department functions in the absence of the Dining Services Director.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to read, write, speak and follow written and oral directions in the English language.
2. High school education or equivalent required.
3. Culinary Arts degree or certification or a minimum of five years culinary experience at the Sous Chef level or equivalent.
4. Demonstrated experience as a chef with supervisory/management experience required.
5. Serve Safe and other certifications in accordance with regulatory agencies governing the Center required.