$50,000.00 - $55,000.00 /year
Years of Experience
2 to 5 Years
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
$50,000.00 - $55,000.00 /year
Bonus & Great Benefits!
About the Job
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEARCHING FOR:
HEAD CHEF - RICHMOND
KITCHEN MANAGER - RICHMOND
HIGH VOLUME/SCRATCH - UPSCALE CASUAL
* Accomplishes kitchen human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining kitchen employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Achieves kitchen operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to culinary plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; training kitchen workers to expand their skills; developing career ladder growth opportunities to reduce turnover; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
* Meets kitchen financial objectives by estimating requirements; contributing information to the annual food and beverage budget; reviewing menus; scheduling expenditures; analyzing budget variances; recommending corrective actions; evaluating time-saving production techniques.
* Implements recipes and portion specifications by reviewing menus and product specifications; evaluating ease of menu production; applying established procedures and techniques.
* Controls food preparation by consulting with executive chefs and kitchen team leaders; overseeing portion size; evaluating and improving productivity; providing food preparation personal expertise; monitoring presentations.
* Improves menu quality and consistency by analyzing food production records and menu expenses; standardizing production recipes; promoting kitchen staff interest in quality improvement; studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
* Prepares kitchen operations and production reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing food ingredient, food production, and customer data and trends.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with sanitation and federal, state, and local legal regulations; overseeing food preparation, safety, and security; reviewing and implementing accident and disaster plans.
* Maintains food ingredients, food preparation, and general supplies by purchasing menu ingredients; evaluating the quality of fresh food and food product deliveries; maintaining general supplies; establishing inventory levels, re-order points, storage requirements, and cost-controls.
* Maintains culinary equipment by following operating instructions; instructing staff in equipment use; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining equipment supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment; making recommendations of equipment purchases.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
* Accomplishes kitchen operations goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Decision Making, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Food Sanitation, Safety Management, Leadership, Emphasizing Excellence, Management Proficiency, People Management, Quality Focus
Gecko Hospitality, L.L.C
Email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.geckohospitality.com
Gecko Hospitality is a national recruiting firm specializing in the placement of hospitality professionals in the restaurant, hotel, resort and casino industry.