$1885 - $2482 monthly
HOUSING & FOOD SERVICES
Appointing Department Web Address:
Job Location Detail:
Closes On 02/20/2013
$1885 - $2482 monthly
This classification is governed by a negotiated labor contract and is subject to union shop provisions. For more information about union shop provisions, visit Union Information
Mon-Fri, 7:30am - 3:30pm
Work schedule may vary depending on departmental needs.
The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
is comprised of a dedicated group of culinary professionals committed to creating a quality, consistent, customer-driven experience. We are focused on providing restaurant style dining in a university setting, advancing our commitment to use local, sustainable product wherever economically possible, and providing outstanding customer service in support of the University’s mission. We serve a diverse population including faculty, staff and students in several different venues across campus.
UW Dining currently has an outstanding opportunity for a Prep Cook
at the District Market. This individual will perform basic food prep and service, work the counter of the station, gathering and assembling menu items to customer order and taking payments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare menu/recipe ingredients according to list established by Cooks and/or Sous Chef.
• Set up station by stocking according to established plans and par levels.
• Restock and rotate station according to established plans, par levels and food handling policies and procedures.
• Uses knives in an efficient and responsible manner.
• Receive customer orders, answering questions about ingredients, recipes and pricing.
• Gather, assemble, package and serve menu items to customer order.
• May be asked to prepare specialty beverages to customer order.
• Operate point of sale systems, keying in sales, taking payments and making change; account for receipts at the end of the work shift.
• Organize work to meet daily production goals.
• Continuously clean and maintain order of workstation and prep areas.
• Monitor and handle prepared foods for compliance with Washington State health code regulations, including taking and recording food temperatures before the food leaves the production area.
• Ensure that all foods used are properly wrapped, dated, labeled and stored.
• Maintain records of foods produced, foods wasted, and any recipe adjustments for the manager.
• Follow up with supervisor on cash handling discrepancies.
• Report safety issues or operational problems to lead and/or supervisor promptly.
• Report equipment malfunctions to the supervisor.
• May assist in the direction of student or hourly staff.
• Perform related duties as requested.
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please visit our benefits website
Learn more about Housing & Food Services
Learn more about Why our staff choose to work here!
Possession of, or eligible for, a Washington State Food Worker’s Permit within two weeks of hire. Obtain your Food handler’s permit online!
Specific Position Requirements:
• Ability to smell and taste foods and beverages and discern ingredients.
• Ability to read, speak, write and follow written instructions in English.
• Ability to communicate orally with customers.
• Ability to operate commercial equipment such as espresso machines and grinders.
• Ability to work with continual interaction with a diverse group of people up to 7.5 hours a day.
• Ability to multi-task, where interacting with customers and performing work occur simultaneously.
• Ability to maintain attendance and punctuality based on a work schedule where hours of work may vary based on business needs.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
Condition of Employment:
Though hired into a specific working title or location, all employees of Housing & Food Services are expected to support overall operations by: participating in cross-training, providing coverage during staff absences or high business volume, participating in production and/or service of special events, and being willing and able to perform additional, related duties and/or be reassigned to another work unit (as appropriate, within job classification).
A satisfactory outcome from a criminal background verification may be required prior to hire.
Part of the application process for this position includes completing an on-line Employment Eligibility assessment to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. The assessment will appear on your screen for you to complete as soon as you select Apply to this Position on this job announcement. Once you begin the assessment, it must be completed at that time. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your My Jobs page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until the assessment is complete.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability
, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, ****-543-6452 (tty) or ****
Apply for this job
Clery Act/Campus Security Information - UW Seattle
- UW Bothell
- UW Tacoma
© 2011 University of Washington
University of Washington, Bothell
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.bothell.washington.edu/