Macy's Oakland, Troy, MI: Lakeshore Grill Holiday Restaurant Line Cook - Temporary, Flex Team
Title: Macy's Oakland, Troy, MI: Lakeshore Grill Holiday Restaurant Line Cook - Temporary, Flex Team
Other Locations: null
The Holiday Line Cook will prepare hot food to individual order according to Food Division and Health Department Standards.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Holiday Line Cook Associates arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Holiday associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
* Perform multiple tasks simultaneously to ensure all food orders are complete and executed within our service timing guidelines
* Demonstrate knowledge of ingredients and recipes
* Coordinate food product between stations to ensure timely completion of orders to customer satisfaction
* Follow production lists
* Prepare raw ingredients into finished product, per specifications
* Put away stock and maintain stock area
* Maintain work area and equipment in accordance with sanitation guidelines and Health Department standards
* Ensure quality and visual presentation of food produced
* Maintain personal hygiene and uniform to Food's Division standards
* Maintain work area for safety
* Demonstrate expertise in executing job functions quickly, efficiently and accurately to ensure a high quality of output
* Assist other associates to ensure all kitchen duties are completed within given time constraints
* Assist in order preparation
* Assist in line checks performed twice daily
* Assist with special events
* Ability to follow direction
* Ability to react quickly and efficiently
* Ability to work with standard kitchen equipment in efficient and safe manner
* Ability to work safely in fast-paced environment
* Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
* Vocational training and/or previous food experience preferred
Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Website : http://www1.macys.com
Macy’s is capturing the spirit of America as it pursues an exciting new course for the future. Federated has launched Macy’s as a truly nationwide department store. By reflecting and enabling uniquely American lifestyles … by providing fashion and delivering affordable luxury … by putting the customer first, Macy’s is distinguishing itself as something very special on the American landscape. Federated drove significant progress in each of the four strategic priorities that guide business decisions related to Macy’s. The four priorities – Assortments, Price Simplification, Improving the Shopping Experience and Marketing – have helped sharpen our discipline and creativity, while providing Macy’s a well-defined roadmap for continuous improvement in the most crucial aspects of daily operations.