DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage - Kitchen
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
Responsible for overseeing day to day operation of Catering and Corresponding venues, as well as assisting with special events as needed.
• Practices and ensures SMG Catering’s standards of hospitality at all times while on premises.
• Maintain proper inventory (including ordering and requisitioning of day to day product based on pars derived from history and projections).
o Minimizes waste by controlling usage and following preset portioning.
• Maintain a Sanitary work environment using HACCP guidelines, labeling, and FIFO.
o Maintains organized and sanitary workstation at all times.
o Maintains proper storage and rotation of product.
o Properly labels and dates food items for storage.
• Responsible for enforcing company policies/guidelines.
• Control food quality, portioning, and preparation pars.
o Ensure all recipes are being followed.
o Assigns any and all food preparation.
o Ensures daily break schedules are being followed.
• Oversee all kitchen staff.
o Assist in hiring, training and managing BOH staff and ROP students on sanitation, line set up, greeting and servicing the customer.
o Ensures all kitchen guidelines are followed at all times.
• Assist in prep and execution of special events and daily menu.
• Assist in labor projections and scheduling.
• Controls labor cost by managing the line and cutting staff when appropriate.
• Assist Executive Chef in other duties as assigned.
• Cost all retail menus.
• Write recipes.
• Audit time and temp charts every 2 hours.
• Conduct opening and closing walkthrough with checklist.
• Initiate requisitions for purchases and transfers and obtain approval for them and process paperwork when received.
• Review hourly employees’ schedules.
• Conduct pre and closing shift meetings with culinary staff.
• Produce daily labor and MOD reports.
Supervise line cooks, prep cooks, lead cooks and stewards.
Daily contact with: All guests, staff, and management of AOP.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position requires the ability to lift 25 lbs to the waist.
Working inside and out of the Aquarium of the Pacific as needed.
• Culinary Arts Degree/Certificate
• Two years experience in Kitchen/Restaurant Management
• Is Serve Safe Certified
• Ability to multitask.
• Ability to manage up to 20 employees.
• Must have healthy work ethic.
• Must have pleasant personality, neat appearance, and leadership skills.
• Must speak and understand English well enough to converse with customers, Managers and employees.
This job description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training. The company reserves the rights to modify, supplement, delete, or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in the position description, in the company’s sole and absolute discretion. Duties other than those expressly specified may be assigned from time to time.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Human Resources Manager
Irving Convention Center
500 W Las Colinas Blvd
Irving, TX 75039
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D